After taking her own sweet time in coming, Amy Britnell Smack arrived December 3rd at 2:47 pm. She weighed 7 lb 4 oz and 20 inches long. Ted delivered her (mostly) and I was able to watch. It was a very wonderful experience. She is healthy and sweet and eats like a horse. She won't be little very long. The kids adore her and love holding her. Bonnie is here helping and she is a Godsend.
About 5 minutes old.
Her hand on my cheek! I melted. I don't think the umbilical cord is cut yet.
Now she is about an 1 1/2 hours old. The kids were awestruck.
The next day Ted pulled Ti and Tate out of school and they came by themselves. Tate was holding the baby and he said, "I am going to remember this day for the rest of my life!"
One day old.
Chubby cheeks
I am being patient for now but I want some food!
The actual highlight of the visit to the hospital was playing with my bed!
Ahh- Isn't that sweet!!?
9 comments:
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. We wish we were closer to you guys! Hopefully we'll get to meet her soon. We miss you and wish you the best.
PS: Love the name!
Congratulations! Julie you look so good! and what a cute baby! I can't wait to meet her!
Yay for babies! Congrats! She is darling and from my limited view I think she looks like I remember Emma looking in the beginning. I hope you can get some rest.
Grandpa thinks looks too dainty and needs a little roughin up!! But she is safe for the time being b/c I can't get there very soon to do the needed task !!!!
Congratulations!! Another Smack in the pack!
Hey Don Bryon, who needs roughin up? You're lucky you're in Mexico. Besides that dainty little girl now has three big bros to protect her from characters like you.
She's beautiful!!! You look amazing, Julie! Hope the past few days have been sweet and wonderful. Get some rest!
Julie! I didn't even get to see you pregnant! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you! Everyone has such joyful faces! I love the photo of you and all FIVE kids! You look wonderful! Wow, another girl! Is your tub full of bows?? Are you going to try for one more girl to even the sides?
Ah...she is a wonderful addition to your family. I love the quote by Tate!
Congrats, she is gorgeous!! You look WAY too good to have just delivered! Holy Cow girl, you're amazing!!
Love Miss Amys cheeks, wish I could kiss them! :)
Post a Comment