CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's Girl!

Getting Ready for More PINK!!
I am officially announcing that we are having a GIRL in December. I sent out an email to all of my family in May sharing my kids reaction to the news. I am going to copy and paste it here.


She's waving!


Dear Family,
I am officially making the announcement that there will be another Smack baby!! I am due December 4. I am finally over being sick so now I can feel a little more excited about it. The boys are so excited although poor Ti had a really mixed reaction.

First he says, "Whoa when did this happen? Last night? The other night? When? I can't believe mom is going to have another baby!" Meanwhile, Joe says he wants a puppy and Emma says she wants a puppy and a sister. Tate is just excited and thinks he wants a brother.

About 30 minutes later Ti says, "Oh mom, I was not expecting to have another baby. I already have 3 to take care of. I don't think I can take care of another one." Now he is full on crying, tears streaming down his face. "Oh mom, I just wasn't expecting this. I didn't think we were going to have any more babies. I am just not comfortable with this. I am nine now. When you had Joe and Emma I was a lot younger. When Tate was born I was like only 18 months old- but mom I could talk right? Mom, how am I going to take care of all these kids and do all this work?"

Next morning- "Mom, I still can't believe you are having another baby. I still don't feel very comfortable with it. I just wasn't expecting it. When I am 18 this baby will barely be 9. That is how old I am right now. I will be so much older than her."

We told them one week ago and he is considerably better with the idea and not so worried. Just so you know, I sat him down and tried to explain to him that he wasn't going to be taking care of the kids all by himself and all he needed to do was continue to do his chores and do his homework. I also tried to tell him that this baby was being sent to our family because Heavenly Father wanted him here. And that he would help us do all that needed to be done. I was sorry that he felt so much responsibility and hopefully I took back the responsibility, but I don't know.

So now you know the rest of the story. . .

love,
Julie


Now that it is August, I must say that all the kids are very excited. They especially love that they can see that I am going to have a baby. They tell me quite often, "Boy, mom, I can sure tell that you are going to have a baby. Your tummy is getting FAT!!"

3 comments:

Chalice said...

That's wonderful news Julie! At least one of us got another girl :) Congratulations!

Bastian Family said...

congratulations! again. we are really excited for you. yay another girl

npk_techguy said...

Yeah, another girl.