CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2 Family Reunions

50 Years!!

I believe it was divinely orchestrated to have 2 family reunions close in time and proximity as to allow us to attend both events. I couldn't have been more pleased. July 14 was the Smack reunion in celebration of Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary in Twin Falls. We had such a wonderful time together and mom and dad were both glowing. The reception was beautiful and well attended.

Growing up in the church (although it is still rare and quite an accomplishment!), I have never been that shocked to hear of someone celebrating their 50th. I am proud of them but not shocked, if you know what I mean. Contrast that with this story.

Ted has a friend who is a hunting buddy and they were going to do some framing together. When Ted told him about his vacation plans in July to attend his parents 50th wedding anniversary, he was extremely shocked. In fact, he called him back a couple of hours later to say that he still couldn't believe his parents had been married 50 years. "Ted, are you serious? 50 years? I've been thinking about this. I can't get this off my mind. I don't know anyone that has ever been married 50 years. Hell, I don't even know anyone that's been married longer than 8 years!!"

Here's the happy couple with their best friends George and Joellen Swarts
Julie, Irene Barton, Ted, Emma, Emma and Amy
We stayed with Irene while we were in Twin. Irene's daughter Linda is taking the picture and she is such a lovely person. I really enjoyed getting to know both Irene and Linda more. Irene is Ted's second Grandma. Ted's dad grew up with their family on the Diamond A Ranch in Jarbidge, Idaho. Irene's husband Owen learned to make jewelry with the jasper rock that is found out there. He would sign his pieces "Chief Oo la la."

The beautiful falls



I was in charge of the games at the picnic after all the reception. I printed out a bunch of games and let the boys pick which one s they wanted to do. I know they had fun but I am not sure I would recommend that:) Let's just say things got a bit messy and a bit out of hand.
Water balloon fight!!
Water balloons at the parents!!



The next pictures are of a "shoot the shaving cream off the teammate the fastest" game.







Now it's just good ole football!!




Because we were going to go to Burley next we were able to stay at mom and dad's a couple of extra days. We played in the park and enjoyed being with them just ourselves.

Ted picked out this dress just for Amy! Isn't it just darling? He is slowly becoming one her favorite people. It's taken some work though:)
Brothers!!

Our family with Emma and Riley. They make great additions!
When we went to the Zollinger Reunion in Burley, we took Emma and Riley with us. We were a bit crowded in the car but we made it work.

Zollinger Reunion


Amy loved the cows!! She learned to moooo! Now she moo's at everything but she still calls every animal a dog.
She is not scared of any animal. She loved chasing the chickens and mooing at them. She caught them and patted them.

Riley is not so sure about this chicken!!
The infamous slide!!
Ti and Joe at the Zollinger FunRun 5K

Tate and Riley about to start the 5K
And they're home!!


After breakfast we went to the river and had a blast!!! Bonnie had rented a bounce house and we had a bunch of games to boot. Tons of water fun and good food. What a fabulous day. We only had one mishap.



Joe had a tubing accident:(
Tug- a -war!!
We ended the day with a weenie roast at Bonnie's ending with fireworks!! That was quite a show.
Emma and Casey(Monica's)
The weenie roast!!


No comments: