CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 4, 2011

Health is a good, good thing!!

I just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers and love that went out for me over the past week. They still don't really know what it is that I have but are leaning towards the Crohn's diagnosis. I am feeling much better and am on a dose of steroids. (But they make it so I don't sleep very well- but that's OK) That is about all they can do for me for now until I have the baby and then more testing can be done. I feel like I was in good care and but really enjoyed getting back to the family. I have always felt that health is a blessing and considered it a huge one that I had never been in the hospital except to have a baby. I still feel healthy and blessed but I now KNOW I prefer the maternity floor!

I can't even tell you how many people have helped me and blessed me and my family. I have had meals brought in (many going out of their way to make it gluten-free!! sniff-sniff) and some friends have even cleaned my house and did laundry! I feel so spoiled. It has made me realize how I need to be better at serving people in need. Service can come in so many ways. I have enjoyed the calls, the cards, and warm sentiments as much as a meal and ironing. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

So I guess the cat's really out of the bag now. I am 20 weeks pregnant and due on March 24. (We are actually going to keep this one a surprise!) This new one has come to our family as a bit of a surprise. A surprise that's taken me awhile to get used to. I am very excited about it and know that the Lord is definitely in charge. But me and change take awhile sometimes to become friends. I am grateful the Lord is patient and works with all of our shortcomings. It is great honor and privilege to be able to add a new little one to our family. So welcome, Baby Smack #SIX!!

3 comments:

Sam and Mary said...

I am so sorry to hear this! We are still struggling with Sam. We are waiting on more testing that they did this week. They are leaning towards Crohn's with him too. We'll let you know if we ever get a difinative diagnosis. Every time we go in they say do you have a family history of ....(ten different things) and of course he doesn't have any of those, but Crohn's is one of them. And, I'm terribly sorry about the steroids. That was the worst part of it all! Sam has refused to ever go back on them. I am so sorry! If there is anything we can do from here let us know. And--congrats on the new Baby Smack!

Bastian Family said...

Congratulations! on baby #6. So sorry to hear you are not doing well. Is there anything I can do to help you? I will keep you in my prayers.

Sam and Mary said...

His Crohn's tests all came back negative. You might ask your doctor about the ANCA and ASCA blood tests.