CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Girls Gone Wild!

I took my girlfriends up on an invite to go skiing in Winter Park. The fact that I accepted the invite knowing I hadn't been skiing in 14 years, I knew the weekend was already a success. The first thing we did was get my skies and have SUSHI!! Yum! Already, the trip started out right.






As I arrived on the hill the next morning, memories from before started coming back. Oh no! The chairlift! Throughout the rest of the day my biggest problem was the chairlift!! I almost knocked Helen over too many times to count and complete wiped her out once. I made them stop the chairlift twice for me as I sat sprawled at the exit. I even made them stop the chairlift so I could get on the lift because my skies were tangled up in the posts!

But having said all that, I did have fun actually going down the mountain. At first I totally gravitated to the thick powder because it slowed me down. Towards the end of the day there were a few times I avoided the powder because I wanted to fly down the mountain at a whopping 2 mph.!! And, thanks to Ted, I was warm! There is something to be said for all his hunting gear. He does know how to stay warm.

At the end of the day, the freakiest part was walking like I had ski boots on when I didn't. It took me about an hour to walk normally. That was funny.

The rest of the weekend was utter relaxation. We slept in, watched movies, played Boggle and Take 2, ate treats with a side salad, GABBED our throats dry. Boys, doesn't that sound fun?

An important side note: It snowed the entire time we were there- about 2 feet!! Did we think about shoveling the driveway? No!! That is what husbands are for!:)

Sunday morning Becky and I are trying to get back in time for Church. We try to leave quietly so as not to wake the other sleeping beauties. But. . .we cannot get out of the drive way!! We shovel and shovel and shovel. As Becky tries to back out, she slides to the right. So I shovel a new path behind the tires. She slides right again. More shoveling and digging at the ice. By this time, we have discovered that we locked ourselves out and can't get water or another snow shovel. We keep on shoveling and digging. She keeps sliding. By this time, she is completely sideways in the driveway perpendicular to Carol's excursion. We dig new paths (we have shoveled almost the entire drive way by now) and she drives out forward. At one point on the last venture, I didn't thinks she was going to make it. Luckily, she kept gunning it and after smoke and half a tire left in the snow, she pulled out on to the road. WE DID IT!!! Took us an hour to get out but (man grunts) we did it! Whew! I guarantee we won't forget to shovel again- well, that is, if our husbands aren't with us!!:)

3 comments:

npk_techguy said...

Man grunts?

Angela said...

Next time I am coming!!!! Sounds like you had a total blast, except for the shoveling. Did you make it to church?

KATE said...

How fun!