CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Road Trip part 3

-Universal Studios-



Tuesday we get up early and headed to Universal Studios. We met Jarom (my brother) there and already we could tell it was going to be a fun day! Whoville was set up with snow and scenes from the village. The Grinch was walking around glaring at everybody. The kids had their picture taken with Shrek. The Simpson's ride was responsible for my kids saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" every two seconds. I almost pulled a Homer and strangled them. We loved the Jurasssic Park ride (Give it up for. . .ponchos!!!:)) and the tour of Universal Studios. The tour was better and more entertaining than I thought it would be, right down to our darling (it was a him) tour guide. We saw where they filmed parts of Jaws, King Kong, a ton of Westerns, and of course the famed Wisteria Lane of Desperate Housewives. We saw a car chase and explosion, we were in a flooding subway and on a bridge that almost collapsed under the wieght of the bus. Not to mention all the cool props from famious movies like the 'DeLorean' from Back to the Future!! How cool is that? My kids were like, "What?"
"OHHH! The 80's! You gotta love 'em!"


The DeLorean!


Entrance to Jurrasic Park ride


Just escaped T-rex taking your head off!


I think he asked Joe to pull his finger!

We ended the day with the Water World show. That was the coolest show I have ever seen! I thought it was going to be about how they made the movie but it was a 25 minute version of the movie. Very cool special effects (obviously) and great actors who got the audience involved in the show.

On our way out of Universal Studios, we passed by the Haunted House. Ted grabbed the boys and were off before they knew what they had gotten themselves into. Ti and Tate both came out crying!! Ted then took me in. But you got to understand- I am a veteran. When I know they can't touch you, what is there to be scared of? Besides, I will forever be spoiled by attending the greatest haunted house known to man in Provo, Utah. Universal had nothing on them. But, I did my best to calm the boys down and prayed they wouldn't have nightmares.

Last Day at Disneyland-

Christmas Eve was our last day at Disneyland. The forecast said it was supposed to rain an inch that day! I was a little concerned. An inch is a lot of water! But, to our glorious surprise, it didn't rain. Well, maybe a few spirnkles that night but, on the whole, it was dry! It was cold- but dry. I will take cold over cold and wet anyday. We started off in Toontown where we met Mickey Mouse. You can't go to Disneyland without meeting The Mouse, right? Emma wouldn't have anything to do with Mickey but she was loving Tinkerbell! We rode the monorail, ate long sticky suckers, and thorougly enjoyed the 'Happiest Place on Earth.' We cought most of the show "Fantasmic" -which is incredible!! We rode Pirates, Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion, etc. Toward the end of the day, we found ourselves back at CA Adventure loving Mulhollands Madness, Soarin', and of course Screamin'. Ti finally succumbed to peer pressure and went with me!! And what did he say when he got off? "That was the coolest ride ever!!!" We then got all decked out in our rain gear and rode the River Rapid ride a ton of times.


Try not to notice that the guys cut Joe and Emma's heads off!


Disney's Main Street with Christmas tree


MICKEY MOUSE!!


Toon Jail!


Joe enjoying his sucker;)


Ted and Ti on Screamin'


Julie and Tate on Screamin'


You know you are in DL when even the benches are Mickey Mouse shaped!

About 9:30 pm (Disneyland closed at 9) we sit down at Tony Roma's and realized how hungry we were. Ted ordered so much food that I almost didn't order anything for me. He said, "Will you please just order something!!" I then sat back in utter amazment as Ti, Tate, and Joe didn't waste any time pounding their food. They each ate an entire adult meal, plus 3 baskets of bread and a side order of ribs! Then they were all over the giant brownie on top of a giant chocolate chip cookie with 5 scoops of ice cream and chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled over the whole thing. I wonder if we starved them? Poor guys.

Happy Christmas Eve! Farewell Disneyland!

No comments: