CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Smacks+nice dinner=Clampetts

This happened in January but I forgot to post it 'til now. Our friends, the Buhler's, had a wedding reception at the Stanley Hotel (you know the haunted one from the "The Shining?" You can actually watch that movie continuously on one of the channels if you stay in a room. Of course, you won't get me to watch the movie but we did roam the 4th floor halls looking for ghosts!:)) in Estes Park for their son Chris. When I called to RSVP, she asked me if I was going to bring the kids. Could I bring them? I wasn't going to. But my kids love them so I said are you sure? I thought to myself that it would be fun to do this with them and fun for them to see such a nice dinner. I must have been on happy hallucination drugs or something. It was plain embarrassing from the get go. Luckily, everyone knew us and either expected it or ignored it.

1- We arrive to waitresses with beautiful shrimp plates walking around. Ti and Tate immediately grab several and put them on their napkins. They then look for the dip. They eventually find the or' derv table with dip and hey! more shrimp. By the time I find them, there are probably 12 shrimp tails left on the white linen table clothes and dip dripped from bowl to their mouths.

2- We find a table and gather the shrimp thieves. The tables are beautifully set and arranged and somehow Joe gets the table cloth caught in his shoe??! If it weren't for Ted's quick hands, the whole thing would have gone crashing to the ground.

3- Ti and Tate are still hungry and get up to look for some more or' derv's. Pretty soon I notice them at the buffet tables looking under lids to get food. They each had a roll and Tate ate a butter ball thinking it was a mint.

4- Tate needs to use the restroom but Joe and Ti had just went. So I told him to go knock on the door and go with them. He soon comes back and says that he knocked several times and told them to let him in. But someone else came out instead.

5- When we were eating (finally) a friend asks Joe which of these 4 forks does he use to eat his salad with? "Just use any one you want" shoving a whole fork full of salad into his mouth.

6- While eating his salad, Joe needs to adjust the position of his chair- why!? He puts both hands on the table to use it as leverage to slide his chair forward. One of his hands rests on the handle of his fork (the tines under his salad) and flips salad two plates over.

7- Last but not least, this one is on me. After dinner was over, Emma and I needed to use the loo. By this time, I am seriously wondering if they are going to serve alcohol because I think I need some. I get back and they had served sparkling cider in pretty wine glasses. I sat down and immediately drank it all. Ted leans over and said, "I have been trying to get the boys not to drink their toast glasses. As you can see they are getting ready to do some toasts." I was just sad it really wasn't anything stronger. Ted looks at me and says, "I know they said we could bring them. But, next time, lets NOT! I would actually be enjoying myself."

1 comment:

The Eagar Boones said...

That is so hilarious and brave. I don't think I would have brought mine though. It would have probably been 10 times worse. every sunday my kids still act as though they have never been before. I don't EVER go to the store with all three either. I am spoiled, but also not desperate enough to do it!