CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

September

Grandma's Funeral

September finds us in AZ. I was so sad that Grandma had passed (almost 91 years old) away yet I found myself so excited to be back in Safford. I spent my childhood here. One of the best parts is that we lived in the same house with Grandma for many years. I am sure we drove her crazy but it was happy times for me. I had told my kids many stories about growing up and so I was excited to show them the houses I grew up in.
Classic AZ landscape

Looking at Safford toward Mt. Graham

Tarantula (I am still shivering)

The yellow house (many happy memories)

The yellow house from an angle showing the cotton picker we played in for hours (It's still there??!) and the old barn. We played for hours in this field and our favorite time was when it was in grain and we made tunnels and houses in it (sorry Neal).

Hours at the pool- Thanks to Jay and Tami and Dustin and Amy (I forgot my okra!!:( )




Collecting eggs at Dustin's

grave site

It is so fun to think how many people came. It was a wonderful funeral and I know Grandma is so happy. In some ways I am jealous. She is with my mother.

Jerry and I (love this man!!)

1 comment:

npk_techguy said...

Glad you guys made it down. Sure wish we could gone as well.