CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

October. . .

Flag Football-


The boys finally were able to play football this year. Not because they didn't have a program for their previous ages but because their mother was not ready to give up Saturdays and enter the roll of "soccer mom." Luckily, they also have a father. Ted is the one who came to their rescue and had me sign them up. And, I must say it was fun. They played flag football and had really great coaches who let them play all positions and didn't take it too seriously. Tate was along for the ride but ended up deciding he really did like football. Ti on the other hand was so anxious from the day I signed them up to the first day of practice. It was the longest 6 weeks of his life. He kept reminding me about all the football gear he needed. "We'll see," I kept responding. On the day that was the first practice, he came home from school and could hardly sit still to do his homework. It finally came time to load up and he was first in the car- all ready. I had forgot something and had to run back into the house, while I was gone (all of ONE minute) he got out of the car to run a lap around the house to calm his nerves! I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. After the first practice was over he was back to normal and loved every minute of football. They were on separate teams this year but next they get to be on the same team. That will be interesting.






I have to add a side note. . . Ted was gone all summer working in Steamboat and was worried he would miss the boys games. Luckily it worked out that he only missed a few and he was able to be there for the first one. The coach put Ti in as quarterback and he threw a 15 yard completion. Ted was pretty proud and I am so glad that he didn't miss it.

1 comment:

npk_techguy said...

The end of Saturdays . . .