CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gardening. . .

We had been saying for a long time that we should pull out our corner "decorative" beds and make a raised garden bed. A few years ago I did pull out all of the perennials to plant a couple of tomato plants and some squash. That worked quite nicely but obviously produced a very small amount. This year Ted put in this raised garden bed. It was some work but I think it turned out really nice and spacious. We also used his garden pots that we bought a few years ago. They are nice because we can move them around in bad weather. We planted a salsa garden plus carrots, radishes, lettuce, beets, chard, spinach. We were so excited to get it planted and watch the garden grow. Every time I plant a seed and marvel that it can grow into a plant. There's talk of another bed on the other side of the yard. We'll see. I hope it's a few years out because I have to get used to this one first. I'm a rookie!


No comments: