CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

We had a wedding!!

April 6th seemed to take an eternity to come according to Emma. She had been anxiously awaiting and planning this day for 6 months. It would be the day that she finally had her own wedding and married the man of our dreams- her daddy! The only thing that was traditional was her birthday morning. The following 3 pictures show how her day began.
Emma is one whole hand!
Sleeping Beauty dress (I still need to finish it!)
A new horse!!! It even goes in a purse:)

And now the pictures of the sweetest moment ever. . .


Last summer, Emma went through a phase where she was extremely interested in weddings and my wedding pictures and my veil and dress, etc. She loved hearing about my wedding day and going on dates with Ted. She was eating it up and wanted her own wedding dress. About this time I was planning Halloween- Napolean Dynamite!! At first, Emma was going to be Summer Wheatley. But then. . . Lightbulb!! (Despicable Me) If she were LaFondah- then she could have her own wedding dress. I could kill two birds with one stone. Of course, she was thrilled at the idea!! I made her a dress and veil and she wore it everyday since I finished it. She would make the boys (or her favorite was her daddy) be the groom and "kiss the bride" and then dance around the room with her. It did not take long for her to ask if her dad would marry her and give her roses and a ring and everything. Ted said that of course he would marry her. When? For my birthday!!!! What birthday? My fifth birthday!!! Ok. So that is how it started. Mind you this is October and I knew for sure by Thanksgiving she would have forgotten all about it. WRONG!! She literally talked about it everyday until her birthday. It became Ted's favorite thing to ask her, "Emma what do you want for your birthday?" "A wedding. I want you to marry me."



The Royal Crown
The 5 bridal roses for 5 wonderful years old.
The Princess Bride
Blushing Bride
Amy and I were the flower girls.
Ti gave Emma away and walked her down the aisle.
Wedding Party
Tate is the vicor:)
Here are the wedding vows:


Mare-wage

Mare-wage is what bwings us togev-uh today.

Mare-wage, That bwess-ed awangement, the dweam wif-in a dweam.


Today we join Princess Emma and Prince Daddy as they show their love and devotion to each other.

Now even Princess Emma knows of the sweet love her daddy has for her and may she always remember to only accept that kind of sweet devotion from her future prince charming.


Prince Daddy- Do you promise to love Emma the rest of her life and protect her from any harm that may come her way and make her brothers be nice to her and keep all the mean boys away and always tell her how beautiful she is and buy her prom dresses and lipstick and jewelry and all the other girly stuff even if she doesn’t always keep her room clean?


Princess Emma- Do you promise to always love and cherish your daddy and make him treats and take his boots off and give him hugs and kisses every time he comes home from work or where ever and before you go to bed and tell him you love him everyday and promise to keep him number one always in your life no matter what?


Have you da wing?


With this ring I thee wed. . .
The happy couple

The beautiful wedding cake. (made by Dorothy, of course!)

Cutting the cake!
Birthday/ Wedding- what a lucky girl.
doting family
Proud Brothers
Future Princess Bride


Mike Behm and Shirley Davis were our photographers. Mike actually does it professionally as a hobby and Shirley is our neighbor. They really captured some great moments. We are thankful they wanted to come and share in this time with us. Ted said as he was watching Ti walk down the aisle with Emma and it was all he could do to keep composed. He truly does love and adore his family. He is such a good dad. It brings tears to my eyes to see the love he has for his children even if it means he has to get dressed up in church clothes on a Wednesday to play groom for your daughter.

They went on their honeymoon a couple of weeks later. They went swimming at the Goldsberry's and then when Tommy (the real future husband) and Brad came home, they went canoeing on Boedecker Lake. They followed that with popsicles and renting a movie.


5 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing EVER! I love that everyone was a such a good sport about it. Emma will remember that day forever even after she does the real one in 20 years.

Bastian Family said...

julie, you are the best mom ever!

Angela said...

That is so cute and I'm just thinking of all the work you put into that! WOW! I love the vows!!

Kate said...

That is truly the cutest, sweetest thing ever! I love it! I agree that she and her daddy will both remember that day forever. Love the vows and the references to The Princess Bride!! She is darling that she had this planned out for 6 months, and you are wonderful parents to make it happen!

The Nits said...

That is amazing how much effort you put into that!! Ted was a handsome groom but I didn't even notice him because of the beautiful bride.